martedì 17 luglio 2012

Never stop exploring by Paul Bailey

 Paul explains us his sense of adventure and the relationship with his photography.

My name is Paul and I am 29. I live in Manchester England. 



  For me adventure is a way of escaping the bustle and the humdrum of the working week and venturing out to the hills, valleys and mountains. I think it's vital to sometimes get lost for awhile, de clutter my mind and explore the simple beauty that surrounds us. It’s that simple freedom and beauty that keeps drawing me back.



You don’t need to get on a plane, and you don’t need to trek Everest to feel freedom and adventure. There are hills, valleys, coasts, forests, waterfalls, rivers, lakes and mountains that need to be explored and they are right outside our front doors. Henri Matisse said “There are flowers everywhere, for those who bother to look”, and I can’t think of a better way to put it.



I think to express ones self and live creatively is important, and photography has become my means of doing so. For me photography and exploration goes hand in hand, it’s a way of documenting what’s around me. With a camera in your hand you tend to look for the good in everything, and what better way to be? I don’t feel like I have scratched the surface yet. There’s a big wide world out there that needs exploring.



 Flickr  - Tumblr

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento